Going to the Dentist
- A dentist or medical provider checks teeth and applies fluoride varnish, takes x-rays, fixes cavities etc.
- Everyone should have regular dental checkups; follow your program’s requirements for dental screenings, referrals, and checkup schedules
- The dentist or a medical provider should check all children’s mouths by a child’s first tooth or first birthday
- Young children may get fluoride varnish to strengthen teeth and help prevent cavities
- Children and their parents may be nervous or fearful about going to the dentist
- Families may need encouragement, support and information about why dental visits are necessary and important
Posted on April 20, 2016 @ 06:45am