Is a Pediatric Dentist Right For Your Child?
What exactly is a pediatric dentist? A pediatric dentist treats children from infancy through teenage years. A pediatric dentist is just like a general dentist when it comes to preventative dentistry, regular cleanings, and treatments. Although they are both similar, we have a few general differences that are present between the two in order to get a better idea of what works for you and the family.
- Caters to the entire family
- Provides cleanings twice a year along with X-rays
- Repair tooth cavities
- Treat oral conditions that are related to any diseases
- Acquired two to three additional years of training with emphasis on child psychology, growth and development
- Caters to a certain age group (1-18)
- Provides habit counseling (pacifier and thumb sucking)
- Handle dental development difficulties
- Contain orthodontics
There is no right or wrong practice when it comes to using a general dentist or a pediatric dentist. However, there are benefits to using a pediatric dentist and then switching to a general when the time comes. It all depends on personal preference! So whichever dentist you may choose, either one will be just fine for the youngins.
Posted on March 05, 2018 @ 10:01am