Water for Thirst
- Water is the best drink to keep your teeth and body healthy.
- Water may contain fluoride, a natural mineral that helps prevent cavities.
- Drinking juice or soda throughout the day causes repeated acid attacks. Repeated acid attacks cause cavities.
- Juice and soda pop have a lot of sugar in them and no nutritional value. Replace them with water!
- When baby breastfeeds or sleeps with a bottle of milk, the sugars stay on the teeth while the baby sleeps. This gives the germs time to attack and weaken the teeth and make cavities. If a baby goes to bed with a bottle, fill it only with water.
- Encourage children to drink water for thirst in between meals and at snack time. This will help prevent cavities.
Posted on April 11, 2016 @ 06:45am