What To Do When Gingivitis Strikes
So first off, what is Gingivitis? This is when gums are tender and inflamed due to bacteria buildup and can easily bleed when performing oral procedures. It is estimated that 90% of adults have these Gingivitis symptoms! But no need to worry, it is easily curable and we have some simple tips to follow in order to keep your gums in tip-top shape:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush: As mentioned in the previous post, soft bristled toothbrushes provide a gentle brushing experience that can avoid any irritation to the gums.
- Consider using electric toothbrushes: These guys remove even more bacteria than manual toothbrushes, avoiding any inflammation all together.
- Monitor your flossing techniques: Make sure to target your teeth when flossing, not your gums! This can be done by flossing in a “C” shape against each tooth, sliding it under the gumlines.
- Consider the use of special treatments: This can include prescription fluoride, mouthrinse, or routine cleaning to avoid as much bacteria as possible.
- Exercise!: Get that heart beating and blood pumping to get your body to respond more effectively to Gingivitis.
- Eat healthy: This can benefit your immune system while providing a satisfying stimulation for your gums while you chew.
Posted on February 15, 2018 @ 09:40am