So the day has finally come for your dental appointment. You may be super anxious, but there’s no need to freak out! We have some things for you to think about and try to soothe those nerves away before heading into the dentist’s office.
- Remember that it might not be as bad as you think- you could be overthinking which can cause you to stress more.
- Bring a companion with you! Your parent, friend, or family members can lessen any stress you may be having by keeping you company and assuring you that everything will be okay.
- Breathe, breathe, BREATHE! For a relaxation technique, take a big breath in and let it out slowly. It’ll do wonders if your nerves start getting the better of you.
- Stay hydrated and have something to eat to make sure you feel good before seeing the dentist.
- Doctors are here to help you! The outcome of any procedure is to better your teeth or any problem you may be having. Keep looking forward to that positive outcome you will receive.
- Remember that this procedure won’t last forever and it’ll all be over before you know it. Once it is, you’ll feel like a million bucks!