Did you wonder about any of the myths you’ve been hearing about fluoride? Well we have a few solid facts to set the record straight!
- Fact #1: Exposing teeth to fluoride during childhood years strengthens teeth over an entire lifetime
- Fact #2: Fluoride prevents tooth decay in the most cost-effective way
- Fact #3: Most of the fluoride in public water is extracted from phosphate rock
- Fact #4: Fluoride isn’t considered dangerous to children when used as intended
- Fact #5: Children who swallow toothpaste are at risk of mild fluorosis
- What is fluorosis you ask? The appearance of brown or white discoloration spots on your teeth from taking in too much fluoride
- Fact #6: Fluoride helps to harden the enamel on adult teeth that have already emerged