What You’re Consuming Can Have an Impact on Teeth Staining
If you are noticing your smile starting to losing its sparkle and shine, its time to take action. First, lets find the source of the staining; what could be causing your teeth to go from dazzling to dull? A huge factor can be certain foods or drinks you are consuming. Some culprits of teeth staining include beets, blueberries, soy sauce, tomato sauce, soda, coffee, tea, wine, and grape or cranberry juice. If you’re not ready to give up some of these things just yet, we have a few simple solutions to keep all these satisfying eats and refreshments by your side without harming your pearly whites.
- Drink with a straw: This will prevent any liquid from getting near the visible front surfaces of your teeth
- Use a tongue cleanser: This removes any residue on the tongue that can cause your teeth to bathe in staining.
- Drink or rinse with water: This will help wash away any dark liquids from the teeth
- Floss, floss, floss!: Since plaque attracts stains, the more plaque you eliminate will prevent further staining
- Choose an antibacterial mouthwash: This will diminish any stain-catching plaque
- Brush after every meal: This will greatly decrease the chance of stains settling on your teeth
Posted on January 15, 2018 @ 10:00am