Tooth Healthy Foods
- Tooth healthy foods are low in sugar and high in fiber and nutrients, such as fruits, vegetables, cheeses, meat, beans, and whole grain breads and pastas.
- Tooth unhealthy foods are starchy and high in sugar, such as crackers, dried fruit, chips, and cookies, as well as juice and soda pop.
- Eating “tooth unhealthy foods” creates an acid that attacks teeth.
- Continual snacking on tooth unhealthy foods or drinking juice or soda causes repeated acid attacks. Repeated acid attacks cause cavities.
- It is important to eat meals and snacks at regularly scheduled times. This reduces the number of acid attacks on teeth.
- Limit “tooth unhealthy foods” for special days or occasions.
- When a pregnant woman snacks frequently to ease nausea or other pregnancy issues, encourage her to rinse with water after eating.
Posted on April 13, 2016 @ 04:45am