Ever get your teeth cleaned and feel like you’re getting a tune-up on your pearly whites? If so, you’ve made the right correlation. Getting your teeth checked is like getting your tires rotated or having your car serviced. After a certain number of miles, your car will need to be checked, just as you teeth need to be checked after not visiting the dentist after a certain amount of time. This way, you can make sure that there are no cavities, tooth decay, or other problems that may develop down the road for your teeth. Just as your car, you would need a checkup every few months to make sure everything is running smoothly to prevent it from breaking down. Be sure to care for your teeth and visit a dentist at least twice a year. This can avoid hitting any bumps in the road for a smooth ride to a better smile!
You may not always think of going the extra mile to clean your tongue but the benefits from doing so may be worth it.
- The first advantage you get from keeping your tongue squeaky clean is a crisp, clean taste of every morsel you consume! Keeping your taste buds clean and clear can open up those pores ready to give you bursts of flavor in every bite.
- It can also be advantageous for your immune system! The removal of bacteria keeps your and your mouth clean and away from any toxins from being reabsorbed back into your body.
- The removal of bacteria and other toxins can also reduce the overall buildup of plaque, gum infections, tooth decay, and much more.
How to scrape your tongue
- Stick your tongue out as far as you can
- Place the scraper as far back on your tongue as you can
- Work your way up by gently scraping the surface of your tongue
- Rinse the scraper and repeat until you feel rid of its coating